Are we a good match?
Before we go any further we'd like to make sure we would make good partners.
What we look for
We invest in social start-ups that are:
Impacting young lives
You will be:
- Improving the prospects of young people aged between approximately 11 and 25 to secure a productive and fulfilling livelihood – a career they can be proud of.
- Targeting opportunities towards young people who would get the most out of them.
- Operating in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or in the UK in London.
Although we don’t have a hard and fast rule, you are likely to have:
- Received very little or no funding.
- Operated as a formal organisation for less than three years.
- Some evidence of impact on the lives of young people.
- Benefited hundreds rather than thousands of young people.
Shaking things up
You will have developed a new, disruptive idea to address a pressing problem that generates significant impact on young lives. The idea must have the potential to change the way organisations and people think and act. We particularly like ideas that can be scaled to reach many young people. The approach must be unique to the context in which your organisation operates and must have one of the three characteristics below:
- Novel discovery that’s never been done before.
- Adaptation of an approach from a different context.
- Repurposing of an existing approach.
Our 5 values are the way to our heart. We like to work with people who nod their head when reading them.
A few don'ts
We're unable to support the following:
- Organisations without a clearly defined social purpose.
- Work that has already taken place.